MasterCard Senior Performance Test Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Performance Test Engineer
Our Mastercard Loyalty QA team, located in Boston, is seeking a Senior Performance Engineer to join our team and lead the development of our performance testing roadmap. The Senior Performance Engineer will have the opportunity to audit our existing performance testing process and implement the future performance testing environment for our Mastercard Loyalty Quality Assurance team. This individual will work across multiple teams to rollout testing strategies and best practices for the performance testing, capacity planning, performance monitoring
• This Senior Performance Engineer will "lead the charge" for the performance testing for the Merchant Loyalty product and mentor development and QA teams with best practices for the performance testing and monitoring.
• Work across multiple agile teams to rollout testing strategies and best practices for performance testing, capacity planning, performance monitoring
• Drive a security security-minded testing and making sure we release a secure compliant code
• Design test solutions and implement frameworks to advance test automation adoption of the development teams.
• Create reusable automated tests using modern frameworks to verify new features, micro services, APIs, websites and back- end systems.
• Provide leadership with respect to performance testing, test automation best practices and implementation, as well as coach and train others.
• Drive continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelors in Computer Science or technical related degree or equivalent experience.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with Performance Testing and best practices.
• Strong experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc.
• Ability to understand new concepts quickly, and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic, agile environment.
• Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
• Experience with testing of REST API Microservices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our Technology Stack
• Web Tier – React
• App Tier – Ruby, .Net Core, Go Lang.
• Data Tier – AWS S3, Dynamo, SQL, Athena, Cassandra
• Testing – Cypress, Postman (with Newman)
• Performance Testing: k6.io
• Cloud: AWS
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137810