MasterCard Senior Analyst, Risk Management in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Analyst, Risk Management
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
Join the industry’s most passionate, motivated & engaged global team - Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world – A World Beyond Cash.
• The Data & Services (D&S) team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services
• The Senior Analyst Risk Management role will support Risk Management & Compliance functions across Services & Data while also supporting business transformation and strategic plans
• Partners with key stakeholders across Data & Services (D&S) to actively track and mitigate strategic, operational, legal, and financial risks
• Partner with groups in D&S to provide risk insights/guidance, identify areas of weakness and improvements on ongoing projects (e.g., Project Life Cycle Management)
• Support D&S risk lead in conducting the quarterly risk meetings
• Support the annual Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) cycle
• Lead an effort to inventory/classify existing policies, standards and procedures across D&S
• Analyze operational processes and customer experience (CX) to identify pain points, highlighting potential risk exposures and providing recommendations on possible control and mitigation tactics which can be addressed through digital technologies driving scale and efficiency
• Identify gaps in existing ongoing monitoring processes and lead development of enhanced monitoring practices
• Documents and monitors compliance for all policies; escalates non-adherence as appropriate
• Liaises with internal audit and business owners (all D&S) to support audit reviews
• Lead tracking and resolution of audit findings ensuring new processes/guidelines created are where applicable global in nature and automated
• Manage the annual SOX control reviews
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Professional services or consulting experience
• Cross-functional experience in audit, compliance, or risk management
• Strong project management skills
• Proficiency with SOX, internal controls
• Highly organized self-starter with detail oriented focus and effective follow up
• Goal-oriented, action-focused, strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent command of verbal and written communication for all levels of stakeholders
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-123329