MasterCard Senior Analyst, Business Insights and Productivity in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Analyst, Business Insights and Productivity
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
The Business Insights & Productivity team is focused on ensuring that all of Data & Services can make data-driven decisions and operate effectively and efficiently.
The Senior Analyst on the Business Insights & Productivity will respond positively to the following:
• Have you effectively partnered with leadership across Sales, Delivery, Product and other functions to enhance strategic decision making through facts and data?
• Are you passionate about diagnosing strategic gaps and opportunities within a function's operations -- and identifying how they can be corrected and addressed?
• Do you have a strong experience with building data-driven infrastructure, including system configuration, data storage, and usage of BI platforms?
• Do you have experience in driving productivity enhancements through the identification, procurement and/or development of technology solutions to match business needs?
• Influences the decision-making process to produce better outcomes in a dedicated Data & Services function (Sales, Delivery, Product, Strategy, HR, etc.) -- providing a fact-base and thought-partnership to functional leaders
• Establishes the right measurement frameworks, KPIs. and analysis questions to identify the health of the business for a dedicated function
• Ensures team members can maximize their time on intended work (i.e. Sales and Delivery with Clients; Product on Code Development), minimizing other efforts through automation, process simplification and hands-on partnership
• Leads the execution of special projects without a clear owner -- building cross-functional teams for topics like M&A integration, Agile Initiatives, etc.
• Drives the development of overall Data & Services analytic infrastructure, with a focus on ensuring all systems are configured optimally and data is centrally aggregated
All About You
• Excellent problem solving skills, with a strong emphasis on the development of frameworks and processes that are scalable and automated
• Strong business knowledge relevant to a given Data & Services function -- and a passion for increasing knowledge
• Excellent command of relevant data sets (e.g. Financial, Sales & Marketing, Costs, etc.) and strong comfort with databases and data analytic tools (e.g. SQL, ETL Processes, Tableau, Salesforce, etc.)
• Strong technical orientation, with experience on both Product Management-style collaboration with internal developers and the configuration of third-party technical system
• Generalist mentality with a well-rounded skill set; Previous consulting experience a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communicator at all levels of the organization
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121244