MasterCard Resource/Staffing Manager in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
Within the Data & Services organization, the Delivery organization is responsible for delivering our various products and solutions to clients. Data & Services Delivery is charged with combining professional problem-solving skills with deep segment and functional expertise to address the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhance Mastercard's strategic and tactical performance and establish Mastercard's global thought-leadership preeminence.
The role of the Staffing Manager is to work very closely with the Delivery Regional, Cluster and Squad leaders as well as the HR team to ensure the Delivery organization is effectively executing against our strategy as well as drive engagement within our teams. With a strong understanding of our business, the individual in this role is uniquely set up to ensure that people remain at the center of all that we do.
• Aggregate all staffing needs at regional level understanding specific engagement requirements and coordinating prioritization between Product lines
• In close cooperation with the Delivery leadership, assign resources to client engagements based on predefined criteria targeting optimization of resource utilization across clusters and markets
• Manage settings in the internal systems through all phases of the engagement lifecycle
• Aggregate regional utilization indicators ensuring accuracy about de facto available capacity (accounting for leaves of absence, relocations, part-time resources etc.)
• Work with squad leads and people managers on consolidation of the performance evaluation results and identified development needs translating them into actual opportunities for the Delivery team members
All about you
Essential skills and experience:
• Partner at heart – Needs to work in very close partnership with Delivery team members
• Business acumen – Good understanding of the CD business drivers to optimize resource utilization numbers
• Strong interest in Consultant well-being and development – Focused on making the Delivery team member experience the best in class
• Agile – Used to work in agile environment with short sprints, changing brief and ad-hoc teams
• Project Manager – Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124325