MasterCard Principal Software Development Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Development Engineer
Work in the commercial space on the Smart Data Real Account Management system (SDRAM) that interfaces with an external party.
Coordinate and participate in coding, design, changes, enhancements and system testing of Commercial applications.
• This position requires strong collaboration, communication skills and a high level of motivation and drive.
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Have you worked in a team of diverse culture, skills and experience?
• Provide development and technical support for new business requirements and development of new products.
• Evaluate business requests to determine feasibility, work with business partners and customers to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions. Work closely with other developers to design of new functionality and enhancements to MasterCard Commercial products.
• Demonstrate expertise of principles, theories, and concepts plus in-depth knowledge of business / functional requirements gathering as part of the software development lifecycle.
• Participate in major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications. Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, and high quality. Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities to meet service level agreements (SLAs).
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify opportunities, identify efficiencies, identify risks, and solutions.
• Must participate in all facets of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Insure effective and secure coding practices in alignment with best practices and secure coding procedures.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Working knowledge in event driven architecture, microservices, PCF/AWS.
• Possess strong communication skills – both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative, and customer service skills.
• Able to work as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed team.
• Ability to work with little or minimal supervision.
• UNIX scripting, Oracle, SQL skills, Java, Hibernate, REST & SOAP based knowledge, Angular and Spring boot.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies, development tools, and frameworks.
• Ability to mentor junior team members.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-148433