MasterCard Mobile Software Engineering Manager (iOS / Android) in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Mobile Software Engineering Manager (iOS / Android)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
Mastercard’s Commercial Solutions team is a rapidly growing organization with responsibilities to deliver innovative solutions to help our customers grow and expand their business. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We are seeking a Software Development Manager to lead a cross-functional development team within the Commercial Solutions organization.
Software Development Managers at Mastercard are an essential part of our organization. They are focused on two main areas: people leadership and product delivery. Their time is spent hiring, mentoring and coaching a world-class cross-functional team and owning the full lifecycle of their teams’ products. While much of your time will be spent assisting your team, we expect that you can, and will, dive into code and build features.
• Hire, lead, mentor and coach a team of software, test and DevOps engineers.
• Build a culture of trust, ownership and purpose.
• Build performant, scalable and secure mobile applications.
• Provide leadership, guidance and direction on systems and application architecture and system design.
• Focus on user-centered design.
• Participate and drive design, technical and code reviews.
• Implement coding standards and approaches.
• Promote an Agile approach to software development. Insist on a culture of continuous integration and delivery, automation and minimizing blast radius.
• Collaborate with teams across the organization to mitigate risk and resolve dependencies.
All About You:
• Successfully designed and developed externally facing native mobile applications.
• Proven success leading and building teams, performing performance reviews and coaching employees.
• Deep understanding of programming languages such as Kotlin, Java, Objective-C or Swift.
• Possess an understanding of multi-tier software development, including knowledge of server-side technologies and databases.
• Have proficiency in Quality engineering and experience working with Quality leads to define processes and technologies.
• Passion for improving code quality using approaches such as unit and end to end testing.
• Deep knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery and toolsets that provide this ability.
• Understanding of agile principles and methodologies and experience implementing and adapting them to fit the team’s needs.
• Use and understand Git based source control systems.
• Previous experience in ADA and WCAG compliance.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-123062