MasterCard Market and Consumer Insights Associate Managing Consultant , Advisors in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Market and Consumer Insights Associate Managing Consultant , Advisors
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as a Market and Consumer Insights Associate Managing Consultant
As an Market and Consumer Insights Consultant, you will have the opportunity to lead key client engagements across a range of industries and types of projects, including consulting services, data-driven insights generation, and platform-based engagements (e.g., Test & Learn). Overseeing the day-to-day work of the project Delivery team, you will identify creative and useful analyses to address client problems, synthesize multiple workstreams and analyses into clear, sound recommendations, and create effective, impactful storylines and slides. Responsibilities within project management will include building strong relationships with mid-level client management and independently assessing client agenda, internal culture, and change readiness; leading quantitative, qualitative and voice of customer research and developing insights and actionable recommendations. Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) engagements will require you and the Delivery team to build long-term client relationships, drive end-user adoption and competency, and provide analytical and technical subject matter expertise.
In leading the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will also have the opportunity to mentor junior teammates and contribute to the firm's intellectual capital and solution development. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
• Client engagements may include multiple workstreams within or across these categories, e.g., evaluating client portfolios from several vantage points including client perspective, portfolio performance metrics analysis, publicly available marketing information, and voice of customer.
• Will be responsible for managing consulting projects across multiple stakeholders including Mastercard internal colleagues and support groups, third party vendors, and external end-customer/client.
• Specifics may include but are not limited to scoping project needs, cost and labor estimates, serving as point of contact across internal and external stakeholders, leading project status and work calls and communications, and developing project deliverables.
We work with clients across many industries including, Financial Services, Consumer Packaged Goods, Insurance, Hospitality, and Retail (apparel, grocery, convenience).
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We Recruit For And Value The Following Core Competencies
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Teamwork: Ability to work collaboratively within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem-solving, and translation of client requests into qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations. For example, explaining complex analytic concepts to clients, or positioning Mastercard’s services, data, and platforms as high-value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Experience managing multiple people and tasks
• Experience managing primary and/or secondary consumer research as well qualitative and quantitative research techniques
• Experience with consumer payments industry lifecycle marketing strategies and portfolio performance drivers
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior- and senior-level client contacts
• Analytical problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant preferred
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s) and present findings and recommendations to clients
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Exposure to payments and/or banking, or merchants preferred
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required; data experience preferred
• Undergraduate or master’s degree, or equivalent work experience
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country in which they are applying for a position, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141143