MasterCard Manager Software Engineering - Mastercard Track in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager Software Engineering - Mastercard Track
As the Manager of Software Engineering on the Mastercard Track - Trade Directory team, you’ll bring your expertise leading and coaching high-performing software engineers to create world-class cloud-native SaaS services running on Azure. We’re building a global B2B SaaS platform to help businesses of all sizes streamline how they manage payments when buying or selling products & services. As a global business, the team you lead for Mastercard will deliver software operating at massive scale requiring focus on performance, security, and reliability.
You will work in our Mastercard technology location in Arlington, VA that provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in a collaborative, Agile engineering culture. You will be a key leader in how Mastercard transforms the B2B space using Azure cloud-native technologies.
• Hire, supervise and coach a team of software engineers including the active support & development of junior engineers.
• Monitor objectives for your teams to align with sprint goals and priorities.
• Be a significant, hands-on contributor to the teams to plan, design and develop SaaS solutions.
• Ensure code is delivered with exceptional quality and security that operates at scale.
• Collaborate with software engineers, QA engineers, analysts, and product owners.
• Coordinate with DevOps engineers on the design and maintenance of the build pipeline.
• Ensure the team is trained in best practices, including 12-factor app design, and effectively managed.
• Ensure your team has appropriate skills and behaviors to operate and thrive in a high-performing Agile/SAFe environment.
• Ensure that systems your team creates comply with Mastercard best practices and governance models including security, operations, and Enterprise Architecture requirements.
All About You:
• You have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, web applications, and microservices-based software architecture.
• You have demonstrated experience leading & managing software engineers working in a cross-functional, Agile software development practice.
• You have experience using storage technologies such as SQL Server or Oracle, and delivering solutions that leverage them at massive scale.
• You have experience with automated testing and successfully releasing software in a continuous delivery model using Git.
• You enjoy leading and working in an Agile environment focused on continuous improvement.
• You have a strong desire to collaborate and provide coaching & mentorship to software engineers.
• You are passionate about the art of delivering the highest quality software to customers and stakeholders.
• You have excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-98334