MasterCard Manager, Software Development Engineering - DevOps in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Development Engineering - DevOps
Position Title: Manager, Software Development Engineer - DevOps
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Data & Services within Mastercard
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include predictive analytics, data visualization and business intelligence software.
To drive our future growth, we are seeking a Manager, Software Development Engineer - DevOps to help dramatically scale our platform and build new products. Mastercard’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you then keep reading.
The position is within the Software Delivery group of teams – Software Delivery provides the services and tooling necessary to enable agile scrum teams in Product Development to build, test, deploy, package and release software to production.
You will be leading a team within Software Delivery that provides core infrastructure and services to other Software Delivery teams. An example of the infrastructure is provisioning and running large scale Kubernetes clusters for other teams to deploy workloads on.
We want to hire talent that is eager to have significant influence on a massive technology overhaul using nothing but the best products, patterns, and practices!
• Thrive in a highly collaborative environment where agility is paramount, leading and mentoring a team performing Kanban or Agile Scrum and driving a self-organizing culture
• Collaborate with other teams to implement improvements to our SDLC and release management tooling (e.g. CI/CD, branching strategy, integrated security, etc.)
• Ensure wider departmental or organizational information is disseminated back to the team
• Conduct regular 1-1’s and provide feedback to team members
• Assist in semi-annual performance review
• Partner with other leaders to set objectives for the team and define deliverables that work against those objectives
• Contribute to delivery plan, providing information around scope, resourcing, dependencies, and risk
• Act as the contact point for the team, providing stakeholders with status updates around sprint progress, plan changes, resource dependencies, etc.
• Monitor and keep the team on track for delivery, escalating issues to the appropriate stakeholders
• Drive consistency, where needed, across teams in delivering infrastructure in a consistent, repeatable, and reliable manner
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience in a team lead or supervisory role
• Experience writing code on a software team
• Experience managing individual team member career growth
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to convey knowledge and influence outcomes
Optional Additional Experience:
• Experience with hybrid cloud and migrating traditional workloads to the public cloud with focus on Azure
• Good knowledge of CI/CD with emphasis on managing secrets, tokens, certificates, and pipeline security and compliance reaching all the way to Production
• Good knowledge of platform services such as VMs, storage, network, load balancing, DNS, middleware, runtime
• Knowledge of any of the following languages: Go, Python, Powershell, C#, Bash
• Good knowledge of configuration management and deployment tooling – i.e. Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible
• Good knowledge with deployment models utilizing Docker and Kubernetes
• Good knowledge of shared services such as Vault, Artifactory, Splunk
• Ability to interpret and apply security best practices to create, harden and secure OS images and secure / harden CI/CD pipelines
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128464