MasterCard Manager, Product Management in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management
Manager, Product Management in Commercial (Expense Management)
The Mastercard Commercial platform enables issuers and end corporate clients to manage their commercial programs through parameters, data, and reporting. It is the single-entry point to features and functions such as virtual payments, data file delivery, account management, reconciliation, and reporting. The Commercial platform team is responsible for the delivering a best-in-class platform for commercial customers to meets the needs of end users across our various regional implementations and deliver on our broader business objectives
This role is for a Product Manager who will contribute to and execute the vision and development of Mastercard's Expense Management application for the above platform. This a Product Owner role, working between the Global Product team, Engineering team and other stakeholders to take on existing web application and deliver a great experience for all the customer personas of the product. This role will report into a Director of Product Management.
The Manager, Product Management will:
• Be a good UX proponent and a strategic product manager - someone who has both excellent UX/product design sense and strength in understanding and aligning with the target market
• Deliver on multi-year vision, strategy, and roadmap for Expense Management application
• Drive product design and prioritization decisions across cross-functional teams, as well as teams who partner closely on other products in the commercial platform
• Be accountable for product roadmap, customer commitment, and release cadence
• Be willing to work directly with customers (current and potential) to understand their needs and how we can solve for them
• Work closely with technical product owners, engineering, marketing, documentation, customer support and installation teams at Mastercard to deliver great products to our customers
We are looking for someone who has:
• Experience in delivering software products from kick-off to launch, familiarity with Accounting, corporate finance, commercial cards, Analytics
• Perform competitive analysis for changing market dynamics, pricing etc.
• Experience in Scaled Agile methodology
• Effective communication skills: evangelizing value, preparing user guides, sales and executive collateral, demos
• Strong ability to interact with, influence, and build consensus across a variety of internal business units, external partners, and service providers
• Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to develop and nurture stakeholder relationships and navigate and influence the organization
• Technical skills to challenge and influence architectural decisions to improve your products
• Undergraduate degree required. MBA preferred
• Background preferred in at least two of the following:
o Managed B2B applications as a product manager
o Delivered products in a large company
o Delivered products at scale
o Experience designing and delivering easy-to-use product to modernize B2B expense management or travel or banking experience
o Entrepreneurial experience
o Experience in the commercial credit card data flow
o Experience delivering products with Design Thinking
o Understanding of micro-services-based architecture
o Experience with deprecating a product
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-146305