MasterCard Lead, Systems Platform Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead, Systems Platform Engineer
• Support, troubleshoot & develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices and with a high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market
• Participate as part of a global team to support Mastercards critical core applications.
• Participate in PoCs Proof of Concept and help the Department with selection of Vendor
Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Perform problem diagnosis; performance tuning; capacity planning and configuration management for MasterCard internet components.
• Assure system stability and future compatibility by monitoring production execution of all relevant systems.
• Provides highest level troubleshooting on unified internet solutions, unique problems unanswered at lower levels or those impacting customer or backbone access and global performance
• Performs lead role in reviewing vendor proposals and making recommendations
• Research and evaluate new technology for possible deployment in MasterCard’s internet infrastructure.
• Leads complex initiatives and projects and have total accountability for ongoing regional projects as assigned; including responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilization and implementation.
All About You
• Systematic knowledge and understanding of network, operating system principles and web middleware.
• In-depth knowledge in one or more core functions related to internet infrastructure design and/or web administration.
• Must be high-energy, proactive, detail-oriented and able to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written and strong relationship and collaborative skills and organizational skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Strong willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities is critical.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-96961