MasterCard Lead Software Engineer - Architect in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer - Architect
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be developing new services and data pipelines for the success of the commercial technology integration of Dynamic Yield with Mastercard Data & Services and other Mastercard products!
Dynamic Yield is the newest addition to Mastercard’s existing suite of services. It is a state-of-the-art software-as-a-service (SaaS) personalization platform and decision engine company that helps businesses deliver digital customer experiences that are personalized, optimized, and synchronized across any touchpoints.
You will play a significant role in designing, developing, and commercializing new services focused on product synergies across MA data and Services and the Dynamic yield products. These synergies will help businesses of all sizes deliver individualized product recommendations, offers, and content based on a range of factors, including past purchases, page views, time of day, current store traffic, and trending products – all in real time to their customers.
As an international business, the software capabilities you design for Mastercard will operate at a massive scale requiring a focus on performance, security, and reliability.
• As Single-threaded owner monitor objectives for your teams to align with sprint goals and priorities.
• Develop an overall strategic technical plan and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps. As a recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design, and implementation of technical solutions
• Be a significant, hands-on contributor to the team to plan, design, and develop modern microservice-based solutions.
• Deliver code with exceptional quality and security that operates at scale.
• Perform code reviews, and retrospectives, and manage the acceptance of Pull Requests using Git.
• Collaborate with TPMs, PM-Ts, and product owners to bring to life amazing new service capabilities.
• Coach your team in engineering best practices, including 12-factor app design.
• Coach your team on Agile practices, including Daily Scrums, retrospectives, planning, and grooming sessions, to operate and thrive as a high-performing team.
• Ensure that systems your team creates comply with Mastercard engineering best practices and governance models, including security, operations, and Enterprise Architecture requirements.
All About You:
• You have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, web applications, and microservices-based software architecture.
• You have demonstrated experience leading & managing software and test engineers working in a cross-functional, Agile software development lifecycle practice.
• You have experience leading the development of robust microservices using Java and PCF.
• You have experience using Big Data storage technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, and Apache Nifi and delivering solutions that leverage them on a global scale.
• You have experience using storage technologies such as PostgreSQL and delivering solutions that leverage them on a global scale
• You have deep experience with unit testing using JUnit and successfully releasing software in a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) model using Git.
• You have a strong desire to collaborate and provide coaching & mentorship to software and test engineers.
• You are passionate about the art of delivering the highest quality software to customers and doing the right thing.
• You have excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
• You have the ability to be self-started, quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks, and tools and support multiple concurrent activities, and interface with external/internal resources, working as a member of a matrix-based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-187308