MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer (Mobile) in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer (Mobile)
"Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
Mastercard’s Commercial Solutions team is a rapidly growing organization with responsibilities to deliver innovative solutions to help our customers grow and expand their business. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We are seeking a Lead Software Development Engineer, Mobile to lead a mobile application development team within the Commercial Solutions organization.
• Build performant, scalable and secure native mobile applications on iOS and Android.
• Provide leadership, guidance and direction on mobile application architecture and system design.
• Own the automated build and deployment process for mobile applications.
• Guide and coach less experienced engineers.
• Focus on user-centered design.
• Spearhead design, technical and code reviews.
• Implement coding standards and approaches.
• Promote an Agile approach to software development. Insist on a culture of continuous integration and delivery, automation and minimizing blast radius.
• Collaborate with teams across the organization to mitigate risk and resolve dependencies.
All About You:
• Successfully designed and developed mobile applications on iOS and Android.
• Deep experience with at least one of Java, Kotlin, Objective-C or Swift.
• Possess an understanding of multi-tier application development; including knowledge of server-side technologies and databases.
• Understanding of mobile application optimizations such performance and memory optimizations, debugging memory leaks and caching.
• Experience and knowledge of authentication and authorization workflows using standards like OAuth.
• Have proficiency in Quality engineering and experience working with Quality leads to define processes and technologies.
• Passion for improving code quality using approaches such as unit and end to end testing.
• Deep knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery and toolsets that provide this ability.
• Understanding of agile principles and methodologies and experience implementing and adapting them to fit the team’s needs.
• Use and understand Git based source control systems.
• Proven experience building ADA and WCAG compliant applications."
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-172321