MasterCard Lead Software Architect in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Architect
As a Software Architect in the Mastercard Track Business Payment Service (BPS) team, you’ll bring your deep expertise with modern software architecture designed for global scale, high-transaction volume, and cloud-native technologies. We’re building a global business-to-business (B2B) technology platform to help businesses of all sizes streamline how they manage payments when buying or selling products & services. As a global business, the services that you architect will deliver software operating at-scale, requiring focus on performance, security, and reliability.
You will work in our Mastercard technology location in Arlington, Virginia, that provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in our collaborative, Agile engineering culture. You will be a leader in how Mastercard transforms the B2B space to standardize, automate, and optimize digital payment efficiency for Buyers and Sellers.
• Drive the architecture for the Business Payments Service using your deep expertise in microservices-based architectures for the fintech industry.
• Ensure that your solutions use 12-factor application design principles.
• Design enterprise-grade APIs for your services that follow Mastercard best-practices.
• Design and maintain technical blueprints and service descriptions for your solutions.
• Perform system and code reviews to ensure teams are following your designs.
• Collaborate with the platform architect, development teams, operations, and product owners.
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship to development teams.
• Partner with the Enterprise Architecture team to leverage best practices in global scale systems including monitoring, security, identity and role based authorization.
All About You:
• You have an exceptional foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, web applications & services, and microservices-based software architecture.
• You have demonstrated experience architecting solutions based on platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and containers, including PCF, Kubernetes, and cloud-native technologies.
• You have architected & designed high transaction volume, financial (banking, payment) systems that operate at global scale and extreme up-time requirements.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-116128