MasterCard Lead Engineer, Software Development Engineering in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Engineer, Software Development Engineering
Lead Engineer – Mastercard Track
As a Lead Engineer on the Mastercard Track Business Payment Service (BPS) team, you’ll bring your deep expertise leading teams and modern full-stack development practices & tools to create world-class UX and microservice-based solutions, with the expectation to move into a manager role within 6 months. We’re building a global business-to-business (B2B) technology platform to help businesses of all sizes streamline how they manage payments when buying or selling products & services. As a global business, the team you lead for Mastercard will deliver software operating at-scale, requiring focus on performance, security, and reliability.
You will work in our Mastercard tech hub in Arlington, VA that provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in a collaborative, Agile engineering culture. You will be a key leader in how Mastercard transforms the B2B space to standardize, automate, and optimize digital payment efficiency for Buyers and Sellers.
• Technical leader of a 2-pizza team of software and test automation engineers with a growth path to manage the team within 6 months.
• Be a leading contributor to the planning, design and development of microservices.
• Build and maintain full-stack applications & services using Angular, Java and PCF.
• Deliver code with exceptional quality and security that operates at scale.
• Perform code reviews, retrospectives, and approve Pull Requests using Git.
• Coordinate with DevOps on the design and maintenance of the build pipeline.
• Collaborate with TPMs, PM-Ts, and product owners to bring to life amazing new service capabilities.
• Ensure that you use 12-factor app design principles in your development.
• Ensure that systems your team creates comply with Mastercard engineering best practices and governance models including security, operations, and Enterprise Architecture requirements.
All About You
• You have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, web applications, and microservices-based software architecture.
• You have demonstrated experience leading software engineers working in a cross-functional, Agile software development practice.
• You have deep experience leading the development of resilient back-end services using Java and PCF.
• You have experience using storage technologies such as PostgreSQL or Oracle and delivering solutions that leverage them at massive scale.
• You have experience with automated testing and successfully releasing software in a continuous delivery model using Git.
• You enjoy leading and working in an Agile environment focused on continuous improvement.
• You have a strong desire to collaborate and provide coaching & mentorship to a team.
• You are passionate about the art of delivering the highest quality software to customers and doing the right thing.
• You have excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
• You are relentless in doing the right thing.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-112597