MasterCard Director, Talent Management- Talent Assessments in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Talent Management- Talent Assessments
This role will be part of the Global Talent and Organizational Effectiveness team which is collectively responsible for developing and executing an integrated talent, leadership, culture, engagement, and organizational strategy in support of our business goals. This team will ensure right talent, skills, and supporting capabilities are in place to enable evolving Mastercard’s continued success.
The Director of Talent Assessment will report into the SVP, Global Head of Talent Management, and will primarily be responsible for leading and executing the company’s Talent Selection & Assessment Strategy, in support of the company’s People Strategy. The leader in this individual contributor role will apply their expertise in several ways.
We have some flexibility for location on this role but prefer candidates in Eastern Time Zone.
Defines, and has ownership for, the company’s talent assessment strategy and framework with immediate focus on Selection and Development. This includes defining assessment requirements, approach, building internal capability and managing vendors.
Selection: Partner with Talent Acquisition and the business to:
• Design & develop Mastercard’s talent assessment & selection strategy including competency model
• Develop selection process and solutions including interview design, structured interview guides, and tools
• Manage the technical strategy and execution of assessment program, including partnering with internal and external technology teams to configure assessments within Mastercard systems, overseeing ATS integrations, and defining and maintaining testing policies and requirements.
• Develop implementation guidelines, processes, communications, and training to support the use of selection and assessment tools.
• Create Success Profiles, for select roles, to define standards for “what good looks like” in terms of skills, behaviors, and mindsets individuals need to have a given role.
• Leveraging Job Analysis, define skills taxonomy for targeted job families (i.e., a structured list of skills, defined in a quantifiable way and classified into groups and clusters).
Development: Partner with People & Capability partners and the business to:
• Provide guidance on when and how to incorporate assessments, what types to use, and what technical requirements they’ll entail.
• Design, or work with vendors, to apply:
• Work Behavior Assessments (e.g., Behavioral Interviews, Work Simulations, Practical reasoning case studies, etc.)
• Knowledge, Skills, Experience Assessments (e.g., Job Knowledge, Situational judgment)
• Ability and Attribute Assessments (e.g., Cognitive ability, Personality, Integrity, etc.)
• Apply Success Profiles and assessment methodologies for different talent segments to help:
• Define gap between leadership / functional capability we have and capability we need.
• Create a blueprint for selecting & developing talent at individual and leadership levels.
• Leverage internal and market data to provide guidance on how to best upskill, reskill, and recruit talent at scale to build a workforce for tomorrow (and today)
• Research and vet external assessment vendors for alignment to business needs; work with partner teams to determine product quality and ability to meet technical standards.
• Lead and manage assessment and selection vendors.
Maintaining Legal Compliance and Defensibility
• Ensure assessments are implemented in compliance with all relevant legal and professional standards (e.g., guiding technical documentation and analysis)
• Audit assessment tools and practices for compliance with guidance from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and other public entities.
• As applicable partner with AI Standards team to ensure compliance and measure performance of our vendor platforms and tools
All About You:
You bring the following background and experience:
• Advanced degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related preferred experience in selection & assessment or talent management
• Proven track record of designing and implementing talent selection & assessment strategy, framework, and methodologies
o Conducting Job Analysis to create and apply Success Profiles
o Defining skills taxonomy
Designing or working with vendors to apply:
o Work Behavior Assessments (e.g., Behavioral Interviews, Work Simulations, Practical reasoning case studies, etc.)
o Knowledge, Skills, Experience Assessments (e.g., Job Knowledge, Situational judgment)
o Ability and Attribute Assessments (e.g., Cognitive ability, Personality, Integrity, etc.)
o Selecting the best assessment approach, based on Validity, Adverse Impact, Cost, Candidate Reactions
• Using assessments to inform the leadership and functional capability currently in organization and what is needed to deliver on our strategy.
• Creating a blueprint for developing talent at the individual, leadership, and organizational level.
• Providing guidance on where to upskill, reskill, discover and/or recruit talent at scale
• Strong understanding of employee selection and related processes, tools, techniques, and validation practices.
• Experience developing structured interview guides for employee selection.
• Experience with professional standards and practice in employment testing, measurement, and selection (e.g., Uniform Guidelines, OFCCP, SIOP, APA Standards).
• Experience with Workday
You demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Business focused – you understand business and talent implications.
• Technically grounded –demonstrate and looked upon for expertise - balancing being an innovator & pragmatist
• Strong performance orientation - Demonstrate ownership for your work to achieve key deliverables
• Exemplary Partner– you connect, collaborate, and shape work with business leaders to assure the company has the talent it needs to succeed in the future.
• Superb Consultation - provide thought leadership and lead key stakeholders through the process of re-imagining assigned talent solutions and approaches to meet business needs.
• Have influence - demonstrate the ability to deliver results through other people through strong influencing, networking, and collaboration skills.
• Execute flawlessly –Bring ideas from creation to execution with speed, agility, and accountability
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-179239