MasterCard Director, Software Engineering in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Software Engineering
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Our team within Mastercard – Data & Services:
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that are used by some of the world's largest organizations to make multi-million dollar decisions and grow their businesses. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
Targeting Analytics Program:
Within the D&S Technology Team, the Targeting Analytics program is a relatively new program that is comprised of a rich set of products that provide accurate perspectives on Credit Risk, Portfolio Optimization, and Ad Insights. Currently, we are enhancing our customer experience with new user interfaces, moving to API-based data publishing to allow for seamless integration in other Mastercard products and externally, utilizing new data sets and algorithms to further analytic capabilities, and generating scalable big data processes.
We are looking for an innovative software engineering manager who will lead the team responsible for the design and build of a full stack web application and data pipelines, and thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment. This individual will partner closely with other areas of the business to build and enhance solutions that drive value for our customers.
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to designing, building, and testing features. The range of work you will encounter varies from building intuitive, responsive UIs to designing backend data models, architecting data flows, and beyond. There are no rigid organizational structures, and each team uses processes that work best for its members and projects.
Here are a few examples of products in our space:
• Portfolio Optimizer (PO) is a solution that leverages Mastercard’s data assets and analytics to allow issuers to identify and increase revenue opportunities within their credit and debit portfolios.
• Audiences uses anonymized and aggregated transaction insights to offer targeting segments that have high likelihood to make purchases within a category to allow for more effective campaign planning and activation.
• Credit Risk products are a new suite of APIs and tooling to provide lenders real-time access to KPIs and insights serving thousands of clients to make
smarter risk decisions using Mastercard data.
Help found a new, fast-growing engineering team!
As a Director, Software Engineering, you will:
• Drive technology and product strategy for applications, architectures, and software development processes
• Architect, build, and deploy new, complex technical products across multiple engineering teams
• Identify, advocate for, and execute ways to improve the developer experience at Mastercard
• Collaborate closely with product development on the product and technology roadmaps for complex efforts
• Manage, coach, and develop software engineers and engineering managers across cross-functional engineering teams
• Identify and mitigate technology risks in collaboration with leaders across the organization
• Find ways to modernize product solutions to meet best practices and high quality needs of the organization and business
• Build a culture of experimentation, innovation, and technical exploration
• Set and achieve aggressive goals to raise the bar on high achieving teams
• Navigate and collaborate across teams and business units to solve complex problems
• Instill an agile mindset across teams and equip teams to pivot fast and often as new information surfaces
• Coordinate with senior stakeholders across business units to inform technology and product decisions
• Identify short term and long-term engineering needs to scale platform solutions to meet customer demand
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
• Full stack engineering experience in an agile production environment
• Managing two or more engineering teams and coaching and mentoring emerging leaders
• Experience leading the architecture, design, implementation, and release of complex products and applications that spans across multiple engineering teams
• Proficiency with .NET/C#, Java, Springboot, React, Redux, Typescript, and SQL Server or other object-oriented languages, front-end frameworks, and/or relational database technologies
• Strong technologist with proven track record of learning new technologies and frameworks
• Relentless focus on and track record of delivering value for customers
• Strong analytical / quantitative problem solving skills
• Experience identifying and implementing improvements to organizational structure and processes to empower teams to own and deliver on their mission
• Ability to influence others teams and roles to prioritize and make improvements to their technical approach and processes
• Experience leading projects and teams across roles and geographies
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive as a leader in a fast-paced organization
• Superior academic record with a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-169228