MasterCard Director, Software Engineering - B2B Payments in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Software Engineering - B2B Payments
As the Director of Software Engineering on the Mastercard Track - B2B platform, you’ll bring your deep expertise building and coaching high-performing engineering teams to create world-class cloud-native SaaS services running on Azure. We’re building a global B2B SaaS platform to help businesses of all sizes streamline how they manage payments when buying or selling products & services. As a global business, the teams and initiatives you lead for Mastercard will operate at massive scale requiring focus on performance, security and reliability.
You will work in our Mastercard technology location in Arlington, VA that provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in a collaborative, Agile engineering culture. You will be a key driver in how Mastercard transforms the B2B space using Azure cloud-native technologies.
• Supervise and coach multiple software engineering teams including software engineering managers, architects, ScrumMasters, and system analysts.
• Establish & monitor objectives for teams to align with business goals and priorities.
• Lead definition, development and delivery of cross-functional initiatives with broad scope and long-term business implications.
• Partner with product owners and other business leaders to identify innovative solutions and drive strategic decisions.
• Actively search for opportunities for innovation and encourage creative problem solving.
• Look for improvements to processes and tools to support the rapidly evolving needs of the organization.
• Ensure the initiatives are adequately staffed, trained in best practices and effectively managed within budget.
• Ensure your teams have appropriate skills and behaviors to operate and thrive as high-performing Agile teams.
• Provide technical leadership through collaboration with architects and other technical leaders in the organization.
• Ensure that systems your teams create comply with Mastercard best practices and governance models including security, operations and Enterprise Architecture requirements.
All About You
• You have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, web applications & services, and microservices-based software architecture.
• You have demonstrated experience leading & managing cross-functional, multi-location, Agile software development teams.
• You have experience with .NET and Java technology platforms including Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
• You have experience leading the development of robust back-end services using Java and C#.
• You have experience using storage technologies such as SQL Server or Oracle, and delivering solutions that leverage them at massive scale.
• You have experience with automated testing and successfully releasing software in a continuous delivery model using Git.
• You enjoy leading and working in an Agile environment focused on continuous improvement.
• You have a strong desire to collaborate and provide coaching & mentorship to technology teams.
• You have excellent communication & negotiation skills with both technical and non-technical people.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-83054