MasterCard Director, Software Engineering - B2B Payments in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Software Engineering - B2B Payments
We are building high value, cloud native applications. We are looking for a brilliant and passionate software engineering director to join our team. In this role you will play a leading role in building out a world class engineering team and design and implement world class innovative, high volume web applications. The ideal candidate would answer ‘yes’ to all of the following questions:
• Are you passionate about leveraging technology to drive business change?
• Are you motivated to be a part of global company driving innovation in the payments industry?
• Have you led agile software development teams in the past?
• Formally supervises and coaches a large group/team, or several Leaders/ Consultants and is responsible for business execution of goals and objectives.
• Provides leadership related to agile software development and specific applications and systems
• Establish & monitor objectives for the department and staff members to align with department strategies and objectives
• Successfully lead definition, development and delivery of cross-department initiatives with broad scope and long-term business implications
• Partner with business to identify innovative solutions and drive strategic decisions
• Actively look for opportunities for innovation and creative problem solving
• Lead implementation of processes and supporting tools per the evolving needs of the organization
• Identifying process gaps, provide estimates for business solutions, define the initial scope/requirements of the project and manage the scope during the lifecycle of the project
• Ensure the project or effort is adequately staffed; trained and managed. Ensure personnel have appropriate skills and behaviors; and effectively communicate performance results; as necessary, managing each effort within approved manpower and budget guidelines
• Actively lead software engineering team by designing, coding, testing and deploying, and driving on positive change in collaboration with other Development Team Managers
All About You
• Experience leading/ managing agile software development teams and agile transformation required
• Team leadership including coaching/ mentoring, career planning, organization design, and team financial management required
• Development background strongly preferred with knowledge of .net platforms and cloud native applications
• Stakeholder management in interacting with the business, preparation senior level communications, and the ability to work with multi-located technology teams
• Strong business writing, leadership, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Previous experience in payments industry preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-83054