MasterCard Director Quality Engineering - Mastercard Track in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director Quality Engineering - Mastercard Track
As the Director of Quality Engineering for Mastercard Track, you’ll bring your deep expertise building and coaching high-performing software test engineering teams to create world-class cloud-native services. We’re building a global B2B SaaS platform to help businesses of all sizes streamline how they manage payments when buying or selling products & services. As a global business, the teams and initiatives you lead for Mastercard will operate at massive scale requiring focus on quality, performance, security and reliability.
You will work in our Mastercard technology location in Arlington, VA that provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in a collaborative, Agile engineering culture. You will be a key driver in how Mastercard transforms the B2B space using cloud-native technologies.
• Build, supervise and coach multiple software test engineering teams including software test engineering managers.
• Lead the overall quality engineering process for delivering a highly automated testing strategy and execution model to ensure the highest level of quality.
• Establish & monitor objectives for teams to align with business goals and priorities.
• Partner with product owners and other leaders to provide a consistent level of information about quality.
• Actively search for opportunities for innovation and encourage creative problem solving.
• Look for improvements to processes and tools to support the rapidly evolving needs of the organization.
• Ensure the initiatives are adequately staffed, team members are trained in best practices and effectively managed within budget.
• Ensure your teams have appropriate skills and behaviors to operate and thrive as high-performing Agile teams.
• Provide technical leadership through collaboration with quality engineering leaders in the organization.
• Ensure that systems your teams test comply with Mastercard engineering best practices and governance models including quality, security, operations and Enterprise Architecture requirements.
All About You:
• You have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals including code coverage, test planning and execution for a microservices-based software architecture.
• You have demonstrated experience leading & managing software test engineers working in a cross-functional, multi-location, Agile software development environment.
• You have deep experience creating test strategies for back-end services built using REST, .NET, Java and PCF.
• You have deep experience with automated testing and tools such as Selenium, Postman, and REST-assured.
• You have experience testing services using storage technologies such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server or Oracle, and delivering solutions that leverage them at massive scale.
• You have experience successfully leading test engineers releasing software in a continuous delivery model using Git.
• You have demonstrated expertise with hiring diverse technical talent.
• You enjoy leading and working in an Agile environment focused on continuous improvement.
• You have a strong desire to collaborate and provide coaching & mentorship to cross-functional, software test engineering teams.
• You are passionate about the art of delivering the highest quality software to customers and doing the right thing.
• You have excellent communication & negotiation skills with both technical and non-technical people.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-102583