MasterCard Director, Product Management in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management
The Commercial Platforms are key a differentiator to win and grow Commercial business for Mastercard. The Smart Data platform is a key focus of overall commercial strategy and is integral to our success. This role of Director of Product Management will work as part of the broader Product and O&T teams supporting Smart Data to deliver differentiating product platform features and functionality. This Director position will be an active participant in agile development process as well as testing and release support. This role will work in close partnership with O&T, Product Managers, Regional Product Management, etc., to ensure end-to-end quality of Smart Data features / enhancements.
This role will report into a Vice President of Product Management for Smart Data and will support components of Smart Data platform and product management process for targeted features and modules of the platform.
The role is responsible for:
• Development and execution and delivery of product features into the market
• Driving the Smart Data roadmap/strategy and backlog for Platform Portal
• Management and prioritization of tickets and defects
• Quality assurance (Testing and release support) for of all enhancements and features they have been assigned
• Create the product vision, strategy, and roadmap
• Work with program management to communicate project status, resolve issues, and ensure that high quality products are delivered on time
• Measure and report on the efficacy of initiatives and develop action plans accordingly
• Experience in product development
• Experience with Agile development and release cycles
• Interact successfully with clients, MasterCard Account, Product, Technology and Operations support staff to meet the needs of our customers
• Develop deep knowledge of MasterCard Smart Data suite and the entire commercial transaction flow
• Translate product requirements into technical specifications, ensuring mutual understanding and minimizing time to market
• Validate technical delivery and ensure that delivered functionality complies with the product requirements and is fit-for-purpose
• Prepare product specific (and occasionally program-wide) presentations for internal partners, executives and customers
• Assist with product-specific and program-wide metrics creation
• Other duties as may be assigned
All About You
Background preferred in one or more of the following:
• Demonstrated ability to operate collaboratively and with independence and autonomy
• Proven track record of data driven decision making and applying continuous improvement methodologies
• Comprehensive experience in agile delivery methods (scrum, Kansan, etc.) with strong experience creating user stories, feature development, business outcome statements and acceptance criteria
• Ability to communicate to executives, clients, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Established experience building organizational relationships, partnering, and influencing executive leadership while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization
• Experience with B2B and/or B2C web portals
• Experience translating complex work flows into simplified UI/UX
• Commercial credit card experience
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136293