MasterCard Director, Product Management, Reporting and Analytics in Arlington, Virginia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management, Reporting and Analytics
Job Description Summary
The Commercial Platforms are a key differentiator to win and grow Commercial card business for Mastercard. The Smart Data platform is a key focus of overall commercial strategy and is integral to our success. This role is for a Director that will improve and transform the reporting capabilities of Smart Data working across Product and the broader O&T teams to deliver differentiating product platform features and functionality.
Smart Data is executing on an exciting reporting capability initiative and this role is central in that vision, from concept to market release and optimization. This role is positioned to drive new ideas forward by combining creative thought leadership with innovation and industry best practices as the platform revamps the entire business intelligence offering. By entering in the early phase of a truly transforming and impacting strategic initiative, the experience is certain to be rewarding. This role will report into a Director of Product Management for Smart Data reporting and analytic capabilities of the Smart Data platform.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to:
• Lead RFP activities to find service providers who can deliver best-in-class reporting capabilities
• Define and execute product strategy and vision for reporting by leading a cross-functional team to deliver reporting for our commercial products
• Own the end-to-end Product Management cycle for reporting, including the development of go-to-market plans and production product support and enhancement
• Lead design and development of the new reporting platform, including communicating requirements from business/product to technology development
• Lead the development and implementation of business data management practices
• Develop and maintain the Product Roadmap for Smart Data reporting
• Assess, define, prioritize product enhancements and coordinate with O&T and business sponsors on work status
• Actively engage in new innovation initiatives, reporting capability assessment and platform transition activities
• Lead team by creating a culture of engaged, inclusive and diverse team members who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity
• Bring voice-of-the-customer metrics to life in a way that will inspire and drive change
• Drive development of product features in support of customer needs, market trends, and competitive opportunities
• Provide oversight and Product engagement of the commercial platform testing and release process to ensure product quality
This role requires the successful candidate to:
• Demonstrate energy and a desire to succeed, follow through on commitments and push self and others to deliver exceptional results
• Own the vision of the future and translate that vision into action, linking others' contributions to the success of Smart Data
• Be a successful team leader with experience in product development
• Leverage experience with reporting, dashboards and/or analytics
• Have engagement experience with a scaled agile methodology
• Interact successfully with clients, MasterCard Account Managers, Product, Technology and Operations support staff to meet the needs of our customers
• Develop deep knowledge of MasterCard Smart Data suite and the entire commercial transaction flow
• Translate product requirements into technical specifications, ensuring mutual understanding and minimizing time to market
• Validate technical delivery and ensure that delivered functionality is fit-for-purpose
• Prepare product specific (and occasionally program-wide) presentations for internal partners, executives and customers
• Assist with product-specific and program-wide metrics creation
Knowledge and Experience:
• Background preferred in one or more of the following:
o Product management and development
o Reporting and analytics - Microsoft Power BI desired, SAP BusinessObje
o Agile Development
o Technology Development & Operations
o Commercial products or commercial payments
• Strong ability to interact with, influence, and build consensus across a variety of internal business units, external partners and service providers
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Familiarity with PME framework
• UX/UI Design skill set not required but plus
• Experience translating complex work flows into simplified UI/UX
• Commercial credit card experience
• Undergraduate degree required. MBA preferred
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136295