MasterCard Senior Manager, Business Development, Data and Services in Amsterdam, Netherlands
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Manager, Business Development, Data and Services
Mastercard Data & Services encompasses Mastercard's offerings beyond the transaction. We provide customers across industries and geographies with a tailored portfolio of solutions to address their business pain points.
By harnessing the power of our real-time, anonymized and aggregated transaction data, powerful software platforms and wealth of expertise, we empower customers to unlock a holistic view of consumer behavior beyond their four walls, distill actionable insights and make more data-driven decisions. With compelling offerings for financial institutions, retailers, telecommunications organizations, travel companies and more, our services drive efficiency and value and enable our customers to solve business problems from end to end.
All About The Role:
The Business Development & Sales Director, in partnership with the existing team, will further drive growth of Mastercard’s Data & Services business in Benelux, one of Europe’s fastest growth markets by developing new business and creating strong partnerships with flagship FIs, merchants, fintechs and government around payment services.
Key responsibilities include:
• Together with existing team, shape Data & Services growth strategy in Benelux and execute against that strategy
• Identify the most critical aspects of a problem Client or market is facing to determine new business opportunities
• Leverage deep knowledge of all the Mastercard Data & Services capabilities and how they fit together to create customized and relevant solutions for clients solving for their needs
• Leverage subject matter experts to develop best customized proposals for the clients
• Write well-structured and persuasive proposals and communicate to executives to pursue
• Develop strong relationships / partnerships with senior level client management
• Identify and pursue related sales with client senior executives; deliver strong sales pitches
• Align efforts with Mastercard core team for sales success, including managing external obstacles and maintaining leadership alignment and support
• Partner with project team to ensure project quality and identification of follow-up sales opportunities
• Play key role in creation of new Intellectual Capital and become “thought partner” for Clients
• Actively participate in recruiting, training and developing others
Undergraduate degree required
MBA or relevant post graduate degree recommended
All About You:
• Experience from a top-rated consulting or digital firm desirable, as is payments/banking expertise and experience helping financial institutions at the executive leadership level.
• Entrepreneurial mindset, creativity and strong commercial sense
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to work on a team or independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Languages: Fluent in Dutch and English required and additional languages skills highly desirable
Key Words: Director, Sales, Business Development, Mastercard Data & Services, Engagement Manager, Senior Manager, Project Leader
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-123426