MasterCard Manager, Product Management in Amsterdam, Netherlands
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The European Merchant Solutions team is looking for a Manager, Product Management.
The Merchant Solutions team is part of the European Product organization and consists of highly professional people with Product Manager, Commercialization and Enablement roles who together develop, enhance and implement Digital and Acceptance products in line with our business objectives.
This exciting role will be part of the Enablement team and will be focusing on the enablement and scaling of strategic Mastercard products with Merchants across Europe. The right candidate will be expected to support internal commercial teams and work with highly recognizable Merchant brands, with a clear goal to make payments easier and more convenient for consumers.
We are open to discuss where this role will be based in Europe.
To succeed in your role, we believe you are curious, flexible and persistent. You will be working closely with internal product, business development and sales teams, as well as participating in customer meetings. Ideally your background is a blend between product and customer management, but with an emphasize on the product management. An interest and understanding of the technical side of the products will also be valuable.
In this position you will:
• Drive the enablement and scaling of strategic products such as Network Tokenization, Click 2 Pay, Gateway Services, BNPL, Tap On Phone etc with Merchants across Europe.
• Provide support to internal business development teams and Merchants by acting as the link between Product teams and Commercial teams.
• Track, analyze and follow up on progress to reach your targets.
• Identify and solve potential issues if they arise.
• Work in conjunction with the Commercialization and Product Manager Teams when required.
• Lead by example and build a strong culture of excellence, sense of urgency, customer centricity and winning with decency.
All About You
• Demonstrated experience working in a Product Management role, preferably additional experience working with business development, sales and/or customer management.
• Good understanding of the payments industry, payments technology and application of that knowledge to address customer and market needs.
• Excellent English verbal and written skills (additional language skills are welcome) and ability to interact and collaborate effectively with internal teams, customers and key stakeholders across diverse global geographies.
• Demonstrated ability to act with a persistent and relentless sense of urgency.
• Ability to think strategically and analytically about complex issues, driving thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
• Self-starter, highly organized, collaboration-minded and results driven
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Overnight travel may be required occasionally.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-178735