MasterCard Manager, People Business Partner, C&I Netherlands in Amsterdam, Netherlands
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, People Business Partner, C&I Netherlands
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company.
The Manager, People Business Partner will be responsible for supporting business priorities for the Cyber & Intelligence (C&I) Solutions employees in Netherlands. This role will support organizational effectiveness, talent management and change management initiatives, and advise C&I employees and managers on key people matters. The ideal candidate will contribute at both the hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an inclusive and high performing culture as the organization grows. Having a strong business orientation, being an influential thought partner, being an out of the box thinker, having a global mindset and being a strong team player are key for success in this role.
As the local PBP, this role is also responsible for some core HR activities for all employees in Netherlands including onboarding and offboarding processes, immigration/mobility related activities and employee relations; as well as implementing initiatives designed to enhance employee engagement, development, and productivity. Further, duties include partnering with the office management as the point-of-contact for office-related activities.
This position reports into the Vice President, People & Capability, C&I based out of Vancouver, Canada and may work with other business leaders located globally.
• Support and manage People & Capability initiatives and projects including workforce planning, talent rotation, employee engagement and learning and development.
• Develop strategies to ensure People & Capability initiatives and programs reinforce the company’s culture and values and are differentiators in the market.
• Create and roll out local programs and initiatives to retain current employees and attract candidates with hot and critical skills in the highly competitive market and promote Mastercard as a ‘best place to work’. This includes executing employee communication and engagement initiatives through a variety of forums
• Conduct regular analysis of regional and location People and Capability metrics – growth, engagement, attrition, et.al – and share recommendations based on visible trends.
• Work collaboratively with teams including Netherland and Europe P&C team members on reports for other programs and projects like remote work and localization requests, internal and external employee engagement initiatives et. al.
• Manage employee relations issues by providing guidance to employees and managers on problem resolution, aligned with legal and organizational policies and regulations
• Enable regular townhalls, and employee connects in partnership with the local leadership.
• Attend strategic planning meetings and department leadership meetings to align P&C initiatives with operational execution
• Partner with the P&C Centers of Expertise and other PBPs on projects and programs.
All About You
• Passion for building the relationships required to be a trusted partner to business leaders and client groups to enable the execution of their business strategy and initiatives
• Demonstrated success as a People Business Partner in a heavily matrixed, global organization; experience supporting teams in the technology or payments industry preferred
• Core knowledge of human resources principles, concepts, and processes
• Solid understanding of the Netherlands sales, marketing and technology market; ability to identify local market trends and workplace benefits
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives exercising sound judgment, solutions orientation, and flexibility
• Must have strong analytical, presentation, verbal and written communications skills
• Experience with Workday a plus
• Together is priceless. We recognize human connection is such an important part of who we are and what we do, and we’re excited that soon we’ll able to come together again in office, safely.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179291