MasterCard Manager Business Development Acquiring & Acceptance in Amsterdam, Netherlands
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager Business Development Acquiring & Acceptance
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Growing acquiring and acceptance solutions are a large opportunity for Mastercard in the Dutch market. This role will manage and implement our acquiring and acceptance solutions for customers and prospects in the market over a range of verticals.
Key accountabilities of the role
In this client facing role, the candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
• Grows revenue by identifying and pursuing opportunities with new or existing acquiring customers active in the Dutch market.
• Develop and drive a converged market acceptance plan with innovative and creative solutions for transit, mobility, small business and a range of other market segments. Contributing to the business development strategy.
• Develop solid business relationship with local acquirers, PSP’s, processors and terminal suppliers, become a point of reference for these players, to identify, develop and communicate market development opportunities.
• Support business relations, especially local acquirers and payment service providers, in implementing product acceptance solutions. Understanding Mastercard rules and policies that affect merchants and acceptance stakeholders. Deal with questions and inquiries that may come from merchants and acquirers.
• Support in key strategic market projects. Oversee the program implementation and execution working with internal and external stakeholders.
• Analyze key market data and customer performance, identifying new and growing business opportunities
• Function as the local market expert in acceptance for the global organization. Working with experts within the international organization to deliver the best customer and market solutions.
• Prospects, contacts, and contracts new customers and business partners.
• Enhances ongoing business development relationships with the industry by organizing and participating in forums, webinars, and customer trainings.
All About You
• The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have extensive experience executing business development across different payment types, technologies and customer segments and In-depth experience executing and managing business development strategies in cards acquiring and acceptance.
• Have experience executing strategies into clear action plans for customers
• Have excellent Relationship Management skills
Track record in achieving business development targets and building customer relationships, preferably in the Dutch market.
• Demonstrated success within the (Dutch) payment industry, preferably with acquiring, retail or payment service providers.
• Experiences and other requirements
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding ability to work collaboratively and deliver results in a highly cross-functional environment
• High self-motivation and ability to work autonomously; “can do” attitude; strong customer and results orientation.
• Proven experience managing senior level relationship
• Fluency in English and Dutch; additional European languages are a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Location: Amsterdam
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-167534