MasterCard Managing Consultant, Advisors Client Services in Almaty, Kazakhstan
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Managing Consultant, Advisors Client Services
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information, strategy and planning communication and risk management services.
While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented graduates, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
MAKE AN IMPACT AS MANAGING CONSULTANT
As a Managing Consultant, you will have the opportunity to lead key client engagements across a range of industries and types of projects, such as consulting services, Test & Learn, or data and analytics. You will collaborate with exceptional colleagues to help some of the world's biggest brands and answer their most challenging strategic questions. Working with technology and data, you will generate key hypotheses and independently structure workstreams to address client problems.
Overseeing the day-to-day work of the project Delivery team, you will identify creative and useful analyses to address client problems, synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations, and share findings through impactful storylines and slides. Responsibilities within project management will include building strong relationships with client management and independently assessing client agenda, internal culture and change readiness. In leading the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will also have the opportunity to mentor junior teammates and contribute to the firm's intellectual capital and solution development. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
As a Managing Consultant, you will:
• Lead small and large teams to solve our clients' most challenging strategic problems through data-driven solutions
• Apply a range of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to rigorously identify client issues and synthesize the analysis into clear, sound recommendations
• Delegate to team members and own the overall project deliverables
• Organize and structure project plans to meet deliverables at the project budget
• Extract intellectual capital from engagement work and actively develop and share tools, methods and best practices across projects
• Collaborate with motivated peers who are passionate about what they do
• Mentor junior teammates on analytical and technical skill sets
• Build strong relationships with senior-level clients and internal stakeholders to guide impactful decisions
• Grow your career by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced people leadership team
• Receive extensive training focusing on helping you build your existing core skill set
• Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and quickly gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management
• From day 1, have an opportunity for meaningful project leadership contributions, increased responsibility, and professional advancement
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills
• Business Interest: Clear interest in the world of business and intuition for the way that companies make decisions
• Rapid Growth: Eagerness to learn quickly, both through Mastercard's structured training curriculum and organic development opportunities
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity
• Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated leadership abilities
• Fast Learning: manages to move through different areas of knowledge such as strategy, communication and data, seeking new learning in different project situations.
All About You:
• Demonstrable management consulting, marketing, communication, financial services, retail / commerce, and/or project management experience
• Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
• Exceptional analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills, including the proven ability to analyze large amounts of data and synthesize key findings and recommendations.
• Strong presence & communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s).
• Excellent client management & engagement management skills; collaborates well across multiple communication channels.
• Proven team player with proven ability to work with all levels in a highly intellectual, collaborative, and fast paced environment
• Experience with project and/ or workstream management and clear delegation, task ownership, and task management
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required; SQL / data expertise preferred
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-175083