MasterCard Director, Business Development - Cyber & Intelligence Solutions in Almaty, Kazakhstan
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development - Cyber & Intelligence Solutions
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry, which is expanding its expertise in the new areas beyond payments. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results. We promote a flexible working policy and in-person collaboration, while recognizing that individuals and teams work best in different ways. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Cyber & Intelligence Solutions (C&I)
As the world is rapidly evolving and interconnecting, Mastercard is addressing a wider range of risks across different domains (digital, financial, cyber, and operational) that not only protect every transaction, but the larger ecosystem of interactions beyond payments and banks. All risks are intertwined – meaning the security and trust require robust solutions that connect data points across these domains.
The Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team is at the forefront of that mission, developing and delivering world-class, scalable products and services to safeguard all aspects of safety and security in the current and future payments space & beyond. This includes a wide portfolio of our products covering Cyber Security, Fraud, Crypto risk, to name a few.
Our growing team reflects the fast-growing business unit within Mastercard. It is a great opportunity to join, make an impact and grow with us.
The C&I team is looking for a Director, Business Development – CIS cluster (8 markets including Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan) to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving throughout the cluster. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer and partner experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, possesses an entrepreneurial mindset and importantly, willing to learn how C&I solutions help our customers.
Director, Business Development - Cyber & Intelligence Solutions
• Has a deep understanding of the market trends and customer needs to help in prioritization
• Supports market strategy aligned with C&I strategy to reach & retain traditional customer segments (banks: Issuers/Acquirers) and new players (FinTech’s; marketplaces, government agencies)
• Responsible for pipeline management
• Grows revenue by identifying and pursuing opportunities with new or existing customers/markets
• Accountable for end-to-end C&I revenues in their cluster
• Has a deep understanding of C&I products, services, and platforms (3DS, chargebacks, etc.)
• Proactively engages with customers to ensure customer success and benefit from Mastercard’s products and solutions
• Engages in idea generation, business case development and financial modeling
• Plays a lead role in conversations with key decision makers for C&I solutions
• Develops regional go-to-market strategies and leads execution to ensure maximum penetration of product and value delivered to customers
• Develops the sales pipeline, coordinating with product and account management teams
• Enhances ongoing business development relationships, e.g., banks, other financial institutions (payment service providers, third party providers, lenders) government, regulators, industry bodies
• Provides input for long-term growth strategies to improve Mastercard’s footprint and competitiveness
All about You:
• In-depth experience executing and managing business development strategies for large or complex markets/regions/industries
• Track record in achieving business development targets and building customer relationships through customer sales
• Demonstrated success introducing existing and new/emerging solutions into various markets/industries
• Knowledge and experience in the banking industry, consulting, data, and fast-growing startups – your diverse background strengthens our team
• Team player – you inspire others around you through your effort and ability to play a one team
• Curious, quick learner – you possess an open attitude to everything new
• Fluent English and Russian speaker
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-175109